Acceptance to the B.A. in Theatre is by interview and audition or portfolio review. The courses required within the major afford the student a strong core of theatre knowledge and experience in the areas of acting, directing, theatre technology, dramatic literature and history, and theatre education. Students are provided with a wide variety of production opportunities to demonstrate understanding of acquired knowledge. Working with their advisor students will choose a 15-credit area of study.
Students are admitted to the B.A. in Theatre by interview for the Department of Theatre at entrance to Chapman. Currently enrolled students may interview in fall or spring each year and should contact the Department of Theatre for more information.
Program Learning Outcomes and Educational Effectiveness Evaluation Plans for B.A. in Theatre.
Students pursuing the B.A. in Theatre are required to:
- Earn an overall GPA of 2.000 for all required major courses.
- Complete all courses in the major for a letter grade.
- Pass courses in the major with a “C” (not a “C-“) or higher.
- Complete a minimum of 21 credits from upper-division courses in the major.
- Complete the senior seminar requirement TH 498A and TH 498B .