The Argyros School of Business and Economics offers a Master of Science in Real Estate that is uniquely tailored to prepare students for a career in real estate financial management, investment or development. This program requires 30 credits of graduate coursework (8 required courses and 2 electives) and is targeted toward students with undergraduate degrees in business with emphases in finance, real estate or accounting. Exceptional candidates that were not undergraduate business majors may be considered, but will be expected to have demonstrated competence in accounting, economics or statistics.
Applications for admission to the M.S. in Real Estate are accepted for enrollment in the fall semester only. Prospective students are encouraged to submit their application early for full consideration and scholarship priority. Priority will be given to those applicants that apply before March 1.
Admission to the program
Admission to the M.S. in Real Estate is competitive and will be based on undergraduate academic performance (GPA), scores on the GMAT, leadership potential, and communication skills. Admission to the program may be achieved by the completion of the following:
- Submit an application for admission.
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited university with an undergraduate major in a business related field.
- Achieve an undergraduate grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
- Achieve a minimum score of 500 on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT).
- Achieve a minimum score of 87 on the TOEFL or other equivalent language test for international students.
- Submit two letters of recommendation.
- Complete an interview with the graduate admission staff.
Transfer of credit
Courses from other universities will not be accepted for transfer into this program.
Requirements for the Master of Science in Real Estate Degree
Students pursuing the Master of Science in Real Estate Degree are held to the University’s Academic Policies and Procedures
. In addition these specific degree standards apply:
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade.
- Minimum grade of C+ or above required in all coursework.
- Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 to remain in good academic standing.
- Complete the 8 required courses and 2 electives.
The following courses make up the M.S. in Real Estate curriculum: