The B.F.A. in Animation and Visual Effects offers students the opportunity to develop the artistic and technical skills to create or enhance a story using the tools of the digital world, particularly as the media continues to evolve with an increased use of computer-animated characters, digital effects and compositing techniques combining motion capture, live action and animation.
Students pursuing a major in animation and visual effects may only use up to 3 credits of internship coursework to satisfy elective requirements within their majors.
Program Learning Outcomes and Educational Effectiveness Evaluation Plans for B.F.A. in Animation and Visual Effects.
Students pursuing the B.F.A.in Animation and Visual Effects are required to:
- Earn an overall GPA of 2.000 for all required major courses.
- Complete all courses in the major for a letter grade, except for independent internships.
- Pass courses in the major with a “C-” or higher, except AVE 202 and AVE 249 which require at least a “B-” in order to satisfy the major requirements.
- Complete a minimum of 21 credits from upper division courses in the major.
- Complete the senior thesis courses AVE 496 , AVE 497 , AVE 498 .