The Argyros School of Business and Economics offers MBA programs for people interested in expanding their careers and developing their expertise. Students completing the MBA program will develop an understanding of all functional areas of business, an ability to communicate persuasively, and a capacity for effective economic analysis and a global perspective.
Full-Time Master of Business Administration
Required classes must be taken in the sequence prescribed by the program. Courses are offered in the daytime while electives are offered in the evening.
Flexible Master of Business Administration
During the fall and spring semesters, courses in the program are offered both in the daytime and evening and occasional Saturdays. Additionally, two summer sessions and a winter interterm offer maximum flexibility for students to complete their course of study.
Prospective students are encouraged to submit their application early for full consideration and scholarship priority. Applications submitted after the deadlines will be reviewed on a space available basis. See below for program specific deadlines.
The Argyros School awards scholarships to selected applicants based on the strength of the application. Criteria considered are undergraduate performance, test scores, work experience and other relevant factors.
Applications for admission to the Full-Time MBA program are accepted for enrollment in the fall semester only with deadlines of November 1, February 1, and June 1.
Applications for admission to the Flexible MBA program are accepted for enrollment in the fall and spring semesters. Deadlines for the fall are April 1 and June 1; deadlines for the spring are October 1 and December 1.
Admission to the program
Admission to the Chapman MBA program is competitive. Applicants are evaluated on academic performance, leadership, work experience and communication skills. Admission to the program may be achieved by the completion of the following requirements:
- Submit an application for admission.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Achieve an undergraduate grade point average of 2.500 or higher.
- Achieve an acceptable score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE). The Argyros School may waive the test for qualified applicants. Applicants should check with the Graduate Business Programs office to determine eligibility.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the applicant’s academic or professional abilities.
- An interview is required for both the Full-Time and Flexible MBA programs.
- International applicants who have completed their undergraduate degree outside of the United States may be required to achieve an acceptable score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS), PTE Academic (PTEA), or Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE).
The Argyros School prefers students with at least two years of business-related work experience. Students who do not meet this standard are strongly encouraged to gain relevant experience through an internship position while enrolled in the MBA program.
Transfer of credit
Students who have taken graduate business courses in other AACSB-accredited universities may transfer up to six elective credits with approval of the Argyros School of Business and Economics. Students who have taken graduate coursework equivalent to a core course may waive the core course with special approval of the Argyros School of Business and Economics Graduate Committee and substitute another course in that subject area.
Master of Business Administration degree
The MBA curriculum is divided into three groups of courses: core courses covering all functional areas of business, an integrative capstone course and electives through which students customize their program.
Students pursuing the Master of Business Administration degree are held to the University’s Academic Policies and Procedures. In addition these specific degree standards apply:
- All courses must be taken for a letter grade.
- Minimum grade “C+” or above required in all coursework.
- Maintain 3.000 GPA in the degree.
The following courses make up the MBA curriculum: