The B.F.A. in Art prepares students for a professional career in the field of contemporary visual art, with an emphasis on interdisciplinary practice. Graduates will be cultural producers fluent in technical, theoretical and professional components of a twenty-first century artistic practice. Graduates will be prepared to compete in the field of visual art, where they make their contribution as artists, curators, critics, gallerists, teachers or fabricators.
Program Learning Outcomes and Educational Effectiveness Evaluation Plans for B.F.A. in Art.
Students pursuing the B.F.A. in Art are required to:
- Maintain at least a 2.000 grade point average in the major.
- Earn a grade of "C" or higher in major courses, unless specifically noted.
- Complete all courses in the major for a letter grade.
- Complete 30 credits from upper-division courses in the major.
- Complete the senior seminar requirement ART 497 .