The Accelerated B.S./M.S. in Pharmaceutical Sciences is a program for undergraduates that enables students to begin taking M.S. coursework in their senior year and receive a Master of Science degree within one year of finishing their undergraduate degree. The B.S. degree is offered by the Schmid College of Science and Technology and the M.S. degree is offered by the School of Pharmacy at the Rinker Health Science Campus in Irvine. The program is open to all undergraduate Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, and Biological Sciences majors who meet the admissions requirements. Graduates of the program can pursue a variety of career opportunities in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
Chapman students can apply to the M.S. program in their junior or senior year. Admission to the program is conditional pending the completion of the bachelor's degree. If accepted into a graduate program, undergraduate students may take up to 12 graduate credits once they have completed a minimum of 90 undergraduate credits have been completed or will be completed prior to start of the course in order to enroll in a graduate course. These 12 credits can be used to satisfy the undergraduate graduation requirements and count toward the M.S. program. Students would complete the remaining credit hours of graduate course work beginning in the summer after receiving the undergraduate degree.
Information about admissions for the Accelerated B.S. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, and Biological Sciences can be found at www.chapman.edu/admission/undergraduate/.
Graduate admissions requirements:
- Graduate application available at www.chapman.edu/admission/graduate/applynow.aspx.
- Students with a cumulative 3.000 GPA or higher must apply the semester before the senior year of their bachelor's degree (i.e. in the second semester of their junior year) in biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with student's academic abilities.
- A personal statement of approximately 500-1,000 words, which includes: a) student's interest in the accelerated program at Chapman; b) research goals; c) career goals; and d) academic and research achievements.
- Official transcript from baccalaureate program at Chapman.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
Students will be admitted to the Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences on a conditional basis until they meet the following criteria:
- Completion of PHS 601 , PHS 602 , PHS 623 and PHS 641 with a grade of C+ or higher.
- All B.S. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, and Biological Sciences degree requirements are met and the degree is bestowed by the university.
- Cumulative GPA at graduation is 3.000 or higher.
Requirements for Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences degree
Requirements for the master's program are listed under the Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences .