2019-2020 Graduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Accelerated Master of Business Administration
The Argyros School offers a specialized MBA program for Chapman University undergraduates, which enables students to begin taking MBA coursework in the spring of the senior year and receive a Master of Business Administration within one year of finishing their undergraduate studies. The accelerated program is open to all undergraduate majors and does not require any previous coursework in business. Students completing the program will develop an understanding of all functional areas of business, an ability to communicate persuasively, a capacity for effective economic analysis and a global perspective. Additionally, students focus on career preparation with assistance provided by the Argyros Career Center.
Applicants to the Accelerated MBA program are encouraged to submit their application by the May 1 deadline for full consideration and first priority.
Admission to the program
Admission to the Chapman Accelerated MBA program is very competitive. Applicants are evaluated on academic performance, leadership potential, volunteer and internship experience and communication skills. Admission to the program may be achieved by the completion of the following requirements:
- Submit an application for admission in the spring of their junior year.
- Be enrolled at Chapman University and have completed 75 credits or more of undergraduate coursework with a cumulative GPA of 3.250 or higher.
- Achieve a score of 600 or higher on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
- Submit contact information of two recommenders who are familiar with the applicant's academic or professional abilities.
- Complete a personal interview.
The Argyros School awards scholarships to selected applicants based on the strength of the application. Criteria considered are undergraduate performance, test scores, work experience and other relevant factors.
Requirements for the Accelerated Master of Business Administration degree
Students pursuing the Accelerated MBA degree are held to the University's Academic Policies and Procedures. In addition these specific degree standards apply:
- Ten credits of specified graduate classes taken in the senior year may count toward the 120 credits required for the bachelor degree and may also count toward the MBA.
- Minimum grade "C+" or above required in all coursework.
- Maintain 3.000 GPA in the degree.
The following courses make up the Accelerated MBA program curriculum: