The B.F.A. in Creative Producing prepares students to find and develop stories for production, particularly in global markets. Students will study the creative disciplines as well as the business disciplines that support production, including financing, marketing and distribution on an international level.
Students pursuing a major in creative producing may only use up to 6 credits of internship coursework to satisfy elective requirements within their major.
Program Learning Outcomes and Educational Effectiveness Evaluation Plans for B.F.A. in Creative Producing.
Students pursuing the B.F.A.in Creative Producing are required to:
- Earn an overall GPA of 2.000 for all required major courses.
- Complete all courses in the major for a letter grade, except for independent internships.
- Pass courses in the major with a "C-" or higher, except CRPR 234 and CRPR 334 which require a "B-" or better.
- Successfully pass CRPR 234 and CRPR 334 with a grade of "B-" or better. Students receiving a grade lower than "B-" must repeat CRPR 234 and CRPR 334 and are restricted to enrollment in 100 and 200-level courses.
- Complete a minimum of 21 credits from upper division courses in the major.
- Complete the senior thesis workshops CRPR 497 , CRPR 498 .