2019-2020 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Broadcast Journalism and Documentary, B.F.A.
The B.F.A. in Broadcast Journalism and Documentary prepares students to build careers researching and reporting broadcast news and features and/or developing and producing documentary films. Following introductory coursework in production techniques as well as studying the historical, aesthetic, business, legal and ethical questions facing those who report on the lives of others, students will engage in writing and producing news and features, live newscasts and other TV productions or documentary works.
Students pursuing a major in broadcast journalism and documentary may only use up to 3 credits of internship coursework to satisfy elective requirements within their majors.
Program Learning Outcomes and Educational Effectiveness Evaluation Plans for B.F.A. in Broadcast Journalism and Documentary.
Students pursuing the B.F.A.in Broadcast Journalism and Documentary are required to:
- Earn an overall GPA of 2.000 for all required major courses.
- Complete all courses in the major for a letter grade, except for independent internships.
- Pass courses in the major with a "C-" or higher.
- Complete a minimum of 21 credits from upper division courses in the major.
- Complete the senior project requirement.